Coming back to school can be tough, especially if you are a new student or an incoming freshman. Even if you aren’t, however, transitioning back into the swing of things can still be difficult. Here are 5 tips that will hopefully help you adjust!
- Stay organized: it is important to keep track of all of your classes, your homework, your extracurricular activities, and your schedule in general. It is crucial that you find a way to remember all of these things, so try keeping a planner. A planner is an easy way to write down homework, and even keep track of your schedule. You can use an actual planner, or even just a notebook or a note pad. If you don’t like writing things down, try setting reminders on your phone, or filling in a calendar either on your phone or on your computer. There are so many easy and convenient ways to stay organized, try some!
- Ask teachers for help: If you feel as if you are struggling in a class, or falling behind, or if you are confused on a subject, ask your teacher for help. The teachers here are more than happy to help you, and really can give you the help you need. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, it’s so easy to just stop in and ask a question or to email your teacher and ask for a time that you can meet with them. If you need help with writing, the Writing Center is a great place to go! Don’t be afraid to reach out for help about anything, your teachers are always willing to help.
- Follow the rules: Not to sound scary or intimidating, but it is extremely important to follow the rules. If you follow dress code, abide by the basic rules, listen to your teacher, arrive on time, life at school will run smoothly. Abiding by the rules is actually fairly simple, and it’s important to stay out of trouble!
- Take advantage of opportunities: Friends Academy is full of opportunities. Try something new, or follow your passion. Play a sport, participate in the play, or join a club. No matter what, make sure you fully take advantage of everything that is offered here. There is so much to do and so much to be a part of, and you can make both great memories and great friends.
- Relax: Enjoy your time here. It may seem like you have a long way to go, and way too much work to enjoy yourself, but school is actually fun if you let it be fun. Don’t overwhelm yourself. It can be easy to get caught up in your work, so remember to take a step back and relax.